Добро пожаловать в Мир Майкла Джексона, Гость!    Регистрация  Или выполнить  Вход       

Заголовок Объявления
Поздравляем
Anastasiadib
Ближний и дальний круг знакомых Майкла. Предполагаемые участники и посвященные в хоакс./The inner circle of Michael Jackson. People that are supposed to be in the know, insiders involved in the hoax.

SONY / ATV

SONY / ATV

#1  Сообщение Lina » 23 авг 2012, 17:38

Информация с МДЖ, пост EliseTa:

http://www.jackson-source.com/news/937- ... -catalogus

SONY/ATV Music Publishing signs exclusive administration agreement to represent MIJAC music catalogus
Published on Monday, 20 August 2012 13:19

NEW YORK —August 20, 2012—Sony/ATV Music Publishing announced today that the company has entered into a worldwide administration agreement to represent Michael Jackson’s iconic Mijac Music catalog. Founded by Michael Jackson in 1980 as his personal publishing company, Mijac Music grew to include – in addition to all of his own incredible songs – the classic Sly and the Family Stone catalog, songs by the legendary Philadelphia soul team of Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff as well as songs made famous by other artists such as Ray Charles, Elvis Presley and Aretha Franklin.
Of the announcement, Martin Bandier, Chairman and CEO of Sony/ATV said, “We are thrilled that the Estate of Michael Jackson has entrusted us with this incredible catalog of songs, and everyone at Sony/ATV looks forward to finding innovative ways to use these songs, while protecting their legacy.”

Commenting on the deal, John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson remarked, “Michael’s songs in the Mijac Music catalog not only showcase his greatness as a performer but also his creative genius as a songwriter. We are excited that the company Michael helped found, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, and in which his Estate remains a 50% partner, will represent these amazing songs along with a rich collection of other music recorded by some of our greatest popular artists.”

The agreement comes in advance of the September 18 release of BAD25, a new two-disc-package and DVD that marks the 25th anniversary of Michael’s landmark BAD album.
The Mijac catalog includes all of the songs written by the legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson, including “Another Part Of Me,” “Bad,” “Beat It,” “Billie Jean,” “Black or White,” “Can You Feel It,” “Dangerous,” “Dirty Diana,” “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough,” “Earth Song,” “Heal the World,” “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” “Jam,” “Scream,” “Smooth Criminal,” “They Don’t Care About Us,” “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’,” “The Way You Make Me Feel” and “We Are The World.”

Also included in the catalog are some of the most iconic songs in rock, pop and soul music history, including "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now," “After Midnight,” “Ease on Down the Road,” “Great Balls of Fire,” "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher," “I Got A Woman,” “If You Don’t Know Me By Now,” “Love Train,” “Mr. Bojangles,” “People Get Ready,” “Runaround Sue,” “Shake, Rattle and Roll,” “Sixteen Candles,” “The Wanderer”, “What’d I Say,” “When a Man Loves a Woman” and “You Don’t Know Me”. Of special note the catalog includes the songs made famous by Rock and Roll Hall of Fame artist Sly and the Family Stone, including such hits as “Dance To the Music,” “Everybody is a Star,” “Everyday People,” “Family Affair,” “Hot Fun in the Summertime,” “If You Want Me To Stay,” “Sing a Simple Song,” “Stand” and “Thank You.”

About Sony/ATV Music Publishing
Sony/ATV Music Publishing, established in 1995 as a joint venture between Sony and Michael Jackson, is the world’s leading music publisher. Together with EMI Music Publishing, Leiber Stoller, Mijac Music, Motown and the Famous Music catalogs, Sony/ATV owns or administers more than 2 million copyrights, including some of the best known songs ever written. Sony/ATV’s catalog includes “New York, New York,” “All You Need Is Love,” “You’ve Got a Friend,” “Moon River,” “Jailhouse Rock,” “The Mission Impossible Theme,” “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” “Over the Rainbow,” “Stand By Me,” “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” and “Singin’ in the Rain.” In addition, Sony/ATV represents the copyrights of such legendary artists as The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Kraftwerk, Joni Mitchell, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Richie Sambora, Sting, Wyclef Jean, Hank Williams and Stevie Wonder, among others. Its ever-growing list of chart-topping artists, writers and producers includes Beyoncé, Fall Out Boy, Jay-Z, Jessie J, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, Lady Antebellum, Lady Gaga, John Mayer, P!nk, RedOne, Shakira, Ed Sheeran, Stargate, Taylor Swift and Kanye West.

перевод olga19831983 :flag: http://forum.myjackson.ru/topic/133-нов ... __st__1780

Музыкальное издательство SONY/ATV подписало эксклюзивное соглашение об управлении музыкальным каталогом Mijac

Нью-Йорк, 20 августа, 2012. Музыкальное издательство SONY/ATV объявило сегодня о том, что компания повсеместно была внесена в соглашение об управлении легендарным музыкальным каталогом Майкла Джексона Mijac. Образованная в 1980 году Майклом Джексоном как его личная издательская компания, Mijac со временем вобрала в себя (в добавление к его собственным потрясающим песням) такую классику как каталог Sly and the Family Stone, песни невероятной группы из Филадельфии от Kenneth Gamble и Leon Huff а также песни ставшие знаменитыми благодаря Ray Charles, Elvis Presley и Aretha Franklin.

В заявлении Martin Bandier, председатель и главный исполнительный директор SONY/ATV, сказал «Мы взволнованы тем что Эстейт Майкла Джексона доверил нам этот невероятный катало песен, и каждый в SONY/ATV будет устремлен к нахождению передовых путей использования этих песен, при этом защищая их наследие».

Комментируя это событие, Джон Бранка и Джон Маклейн, соуправляющие Эстейта Майкла Джексона отметили «Песни Майкла в Музыкальном каталоге Mijac демонстрируют нам не только его величие как исполнителя, но его гений в качестве автора песен. Мы взволнованы, что компания, которой Майкл помогал состояться, Музыкальное издательство Sony/ATV, и в которой его Эйстейт остается 50%-ым партнером, будет представлять эти восхитительные песни, а также богатую коллекцию другой музыки, записанной некоторыми нашими великими популярными артистами».
Соглашение было заключено наряду с выпуском 18-го сентября Bad25, нового двух-дискового издания и DVD что отметит 25 летие знакового альбома Майкла .

Каталог Mijac включает все песни написанные легендарным Королем Поп Музыки, Michael Jackson, например “Another Part Of Me,” “Bad,” “Beat It,” “Billie Jean,” “Black or White,” “Can You Feel It,” “Dangerous,” “Dirty Diana,” “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough,” “Earth Song,” “Heal the World,” “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” “Jam,” “Scream,” “Smooth Criminal,” “They Don’t Care About Us,” “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’,” “The Way You Make Me Feel” и “We Are The World.”

А также в каталоге присутствует множество легендарных песен поп, рок и соул музыки, включая такие как "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now," “After Midnight,” “Ease on Down the Road,” “Great Balls of Fire,” "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher," “I Got A Woman,” “If You Don’t Know Me By Now,” “Love Train,” “Mr. Bojangles,” “People Get Ready,” “Runaround Sue,” “Shake, Rattle and Roll,” “Sixteen Candles,” “The Wanderer”, “What’d I Say,” “When a Man Loves a Woman” и “You Don’t Know Me”. Особенно хочется отметить песни ставшие знаменитыми благодаря артистам, введенным в Зал Славы Рок-н-Ролла - Sly and the Family Stone, например такие хиты как “Dance To the Music,” “Everybody is a Star,” “Everyday People,” “Family Affair,” “Hot Fun in the Summertime,” “If You Want Me To Stay,” “Sing a Simple Song,” “Stand” и “Thank You.”

О музыкальном издательстве Sony/ATV
Музыкальное издательство Sony/ATV, было учреждено в 1995 году как совместное предприятие между Sony и Майклом Джексоном, ведущее мировое музыкальное издательство. Наряду с каталогами музыкальных издательств EMI, Leiber Stoller, Mijac Music, Motown и Famous Music, Sony/ATV владеет правами на более чем 2 миллиона песен, включая наиболее знаменитые хиты из когда-либо написанных. Sony/ATV каталог включает “New York, New York,” “All You Need Is Love,” “You’ve Got a Friend,” “Moon River,” “Jailhouse Rock,” “The Mission Impossible Theme,” “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” “Over the Rainbow,” “Stand By Me,” “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” и “Singin’ in the Rain.” В добавок, Sony/ATV предаствляет авторские права таких знаменитых артистов как The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Kraftwerk, Joni Mitchell, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Richie Sambora, Sting, Wyclef Jean, Hank Williams и Stevie Wonder, наряду с другими. Это наиболее обширный список самых знаменитых артистов, авторов песен и композиторов, Beyoncé, Fall Out Boy, Jay-Z, Jessie J, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, Lady Antebellum, Lady Gaga, John Mayer, P!nk, RedOne, Shakira, Ed Sheeran, Stargate, Taylor Swift и Kanye West.

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Lina поблагодарили (всего 3):
Trueamore (25 авг 2012, 10:05) • Admin (24 авг 2012, 02:53) • TAIS (23 авг 2012, 22:05)
Рейтинг: 27.27%

Lina
Автор темы
Благодарил (а): 13125 раз.

SONY

#2  Сообщение Trueamore » 24 сен 2012, 10:36

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/09/2 ... AV20120920

Exclusive: Sony/ATV starts auction for Virgin Music song catalog

(Reuters) - Sony/ATV, the music publishing division of Sony Music, has kicked off an auction to sell the rights to more than 30,000 songs from artists ranging from Culture Club to Iggy Pop contained in the Virgin Music and Famous U.K. song catalogs, according to sources with direct knowledge of the process.

These sources said non-disclosure agreements were sent out last week to more than 20 potential buyers, including Warner Music Group, Primary Wave Music, Round Hill Music, Imagem Music, Kohlberg Kravis & Roberts & Co LP, Platinum Equity Partners, Thomas H. Lee Partners and others.

The signing of non-disclosure agreements is typically required at the start of an auction process as a condition of receiving books with detailed financial data about the company being auctioned.

While a first-round bid deadline has not yet been set, the sources said they expect a deal to be valued at around $150 million.

The sale of the Virgin Music and Famous U.K. catalogs were among the concessions required by regulators in order for Sony/ATV to receive approval for its $2.2 billion acquisition of EMI Music Publishing. John Branca, a partner at law firm Ziffren Brittenham who has represented Michael Jackson, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, and others, is running the auction on behalf of Sony/ATV.

All parties mentioned above either declined comment or could not be reached for comment.

Combined, the two catalogs control the rights to more than 30,000 songs, the bulk of which are from artists who rose to prominence during the 1980s and 1990s. Included in the catalogs are rights to songs from the Culture Club, Lenny Kravitz, Goo-Goo Dolls, Iggy Pop, Tears for Fears, Fine Young Cannibals, and many others.

Music publishing catalogs can range in size from a few dozen songs to a few million. For instance, Round Hill on Tuesday acquired Arthouse Entertainment, which controlled the rights to just 150 songs from artists including Katy Perry and Cee Lo Green. By contrast, Sony/ATV, which is a joint venture of Sony Music and the estate of Michael Jackson, ranks as the record industry's largest music publishing house with the rights to more than 2 million songs.

While record labels have struggled with declining CDs sales as a result of piracy and a shift to digital distribution, music publishing companies have gained in value because they collect revenue every time a song is played in any format since they control the underlying rights to the composition.

All of the major record labels - Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, and Sony Music - have publishing divisions, and a slew of independent companies such as Spirit Music Group and Primary Wave Music have cropped up in recent years to acquire the rights to song catalogs.

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Trueamore поблагодарили (всего 3):
Lina (24 сен 2012, 18:07) • TAIS (24 сен 2012, 18:03) • Admin (24 сен 2012, 11:56)

Trueamore
Благодарил (а): 6693 раз.

Re: Разные интересные статьи

#3  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 10 ноя 2013, 04:05

Birmingham lawyers hot on the trails of cyber criminals

A crack team of Birmingham-based lawyers are hot on the trail of cyber criminals. Jeanette Oldham reports

They are the shadowy figures using the ‘dark web’ to steal identities, defraud banks and companies – and sell drugs and guns.

Cyber criminals making millions from behind their computer screens, using technology to try to stay one step ahead of the law.

But a crack team of Birmingham-based lawyers are on their trail, and bringing them to trial.

John Davies heads the Crown Prosecution Service’s Organised Crime Division (OCD) in Birmingham, which works with the National Crime Agency to bring major criminals to justice.

In an exclusive interview with the Mail, he said cyber crime was one of the ‘biggest threats’ to face the UK today.

“Cyber crime is a big priority for the UK law enforcement,’’ said Mr Davies, who leads a team of 15 staff.

“There can be threats to state systems such as defence systems and that type of attack, etc.

“Then there can be the ‘conventional’ types of crime committed using cyber. There are very big sums to be had for example by breaking into people’s bank accounts, over the internet, or doing similar from which criminals could actually steal vast sums of money out of a victim’s bank account.”

Mr Davies added: “Cyber crime is a new experience for all us all. We are dealing with about half a dozen cyber cases at the moment, but all the indications are is that the threat is going to get bigger.”

A recent cyber crime case involved the unlikeliest of targets - the late Michael Jackson and his record company Sony.

Leicester Crown Court heard fans James Marks, 27, and James McCormick, 26, hacked into Sony’s computers and stole unreleased recordings.

Marks, of Daventry, Northants, and McCormick, of Blackpool, downloaded 7,000 music files, including by other artists like Beyonce and Bruce Springstein.

After pleading guilty to computer misuse offences, they were each given a six-month sentence, suspended for a year, and ordered to complete 100 hours’ community service.

Robert Davies, the Birmingham unit’s principal crown advocate, was counsel on the case and said the pair were obsessed with the late Thriller star.

“All their benefits and wages went on Michael Jackson material,’’ he said.

“They were obsessed with the mistaken idea that a posthumous album that Sony had released was in fact full of bogus Michael Jackson material; in other words, other people were singing on it, and it had been put out as his own.

“They were both very good on computers and found a way to get into the main Sony music servers which are in New York and are massive.

“They were big players in a Michael Jackson chatroom forum. One of them was the moderator on the site. I don’t think the two of them had even met. They were just internet friends.

“They downloaded lots of material and they got to the stage where one of them put out a different version of one of the Michael Jackson tracks on the album by combining the various stems and they just started to boast about what they had.

“They put some of the Michael Jackson material out there on the system and clearly Sony were very worried about what might happen to the rest of it.

“It was pursued because it was a massive copyright theft. It’s like a burglary, in truth. The fact that you haven’t done anything with the stuff you’ve stolen before you get caught is perhaps not the point.

“I don’t think they really knew what to do with it. There was some chat between them about how they could sell this material on but it was all a bit lame quite frankly.”

Cyber crime is only part of the team’s portfolio. Drug trafficking and organised crime still make up the largest proportion of their caseload.

Last month the Organised Crime Division enjoyed a major success when it was revealed 19 people had been jailed for more than 200 years after SOCA smashed Birmingham and Leicester-based drugs gangs.

Heroin with a street value of £300 million was seized in the international operation, which led to awards for the OCD team involved.

John Davies was keen to impress that his unit’s usual 90 per cent successful conviction rate was derived in the main from not only the hard work and dedication of his own staff, but the early investigative engagement and close working relationship they shared with investigators from the NCA (formerly SOCA).

“There is very much a ‘can do’ ethos in the joint prosecution teams and the quality of the work, commitment and dedication from the staff in both organisations is excellent, of which all should be very proud,” he said.

But their work is far from done.

Mr Davies added: “There is a backbone of organised crime throughout the country.

“It comes from London in the south up through the Midlands to the north up to the north-west. We have our three offices, one in London, one here in Birmingham and one in the north.

“The majority (of cases) is drugs. With drugs you get money laundering. We get people trafficking cases and we get the odd case of gun-running.

“The organised crime gangs are very sophisticated, there’s large amounts of money to be made and most of the big criminals don’t even get anywhere near the actual physical scene of the crime.

‘‘A large part of our work literally is to try to go back up the chain to those who seek to mastermind the criminal activity.

“I don’t think you can categorise the average Mr Big. I can think of someone who lives in a particular area and who has lived near some very notorious criminals and he says they are some of the nicest, most polite people you could ever meet.

“I suspect they look and behave in many ways rather like your average person which makes detecting and successfully prosecuting them just a little more harder.”

John Davies is a determined figure, which is probably linked to his down to earth background.

He began his working life in the motor trade but when that career ended he went into law, putting himself through university in doing so.

It is this determination that has helped him work his way up through the ranks of the Crown Prosecution Service, to become one of the key figures in the West Midlands today.
Я готова верить, но надо знать во что!

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Liberian Girl поблагодарили (всего 4):
Lina (11 ноя 2013, 08:50) • Admin (10 ноя 2013, 18:01) • franklin5569 (10 ноя 2013, 17:56) • MagicalLove (10 ноя 2013, 15:31)
Рейтинг: 36.36%

Liberian Girl
Благодарил (а): 2485 раз.

#4  Сообщение MagicalLove » 12 ноя 2013, 16:51

Sony server hackers were obsessed with Michael Jackson says Organised Crime Division chief/Хакеры сервера Сони были одежимы Майклом Джексоном, говорит начальник по борьбе с преступлениями Division

Изображение

They are the shadowy figures using the ‘dark web’ to steal identities, defraud banks and companies – and sell drugs and guns. Cyber criminals making millions from behind their computer screens, using technology to try to stay one step ahead of the law. But a crack team of Birmingham-based lawyers are on their trail, and bringing them to trial.

John Davies heads the Crown Prosecution Service’s Organised Crime Division (OCD) in Birmingham, which works with the National Crime Agency to bring major criminals to justice.

In an exclusive interview with the Mail, he said cyber crime was one of the ‘biggest threats’ to face the UK today. “Cyber crime is a big priority for the UK law enforcement,’’ said Mr Davies, who leads a team of 15 staff. “There can be threats to state systems such as defence systems and that type of attack, etc.

“Then there can be the ‘conventional’ types of crime committed using cyber. There are very big sums to be had for example by breaking into people’s bank accounts, over the internet, or doing similar from which criminals could actually steal vast sums of money out of a victim’s bank account.”

Mr Davies added: “Cyber crime is a new experience for all us all. We are dealing with about half a dozen cyber cases at the moment, but all the indications are is that the threat is going to get bigger.”

A recent cyber crime case involved the unlikeliest of targets – the late Michael Jackson and his record company Sony.

Leicester Crown Court heard fans James Marks, 27, and James McCormick, 26, hacked into Sony’s computers and stole unreleased recordings.

Marks, of Daventry, Northants, and McCormick, of Blackpool, downloaded 7,000 music files, including by other artists like Beyoncé, and Bruce Springstein.

After pleading guilty to computer misuse offences, they were each given a six-month sentence, suspended for a year, and ordered to complete 100 hours’ community service.

Robert Davies, the Birmingham unit’s principal crown advocate, was counsel on the case and said the pair were obsessed with the late Thriller star.

“All their benefits and wages went on Michael Jackson material,’’ he said.

“They were obsessed with the mistaken idea that a posthumous album that Sony had released was in fact full of bogus Michael Jackson material; in other words, other people were singing on it, and it had been put out as his own.

“They were both very good on computers and found a way to get into the main Sony music servers which are in New York and are massive.

“They were big players in a Michael Jackson chatroom forum. One of them was the moderator on the site. I don’t think the two of them had even met. They were just internet friends.

“They downloaded lots of material and they got to the stage where one of them put out a different version of one of the Michael Jackson tracks on the album by combining the various stems and they just started to boast about what they had.

“They put some of the Michael Jackson material out there on the system and clearly Sony were very worried about what might happen to the rest of it.

“It was pursued because it was a massive copyright theft. It’s like a burglary, in truth. The fact that you haven’t done anything with the stuff you’ve stolen before you get caught is perhaps not the point.

“I don’t think they really knew what to do with it. There was some chat between them about how they could sell this material on but it was all a bit lame quite frankly.”

http://www.legendarymichaeljackson.nl/n ... ion-chief/?
Изображение

you are in my heart forever icon_colorfulherats

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 4):
Белая роза (12 ноя 2013, 20:40) • Admin (12 ноя 2013, 19:12) • Liberian Girl (12 ноя 2013, 18:37) • franklin5569 (12 ноя 2013, 17:13)

MagicalLove
Прогресс до нового звания:
69.9%
Благодарил (а): 3518 раз.

#5  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 24 фев 2014, 17:26

Sony working with Michael Jackson on 'special' Xperia Z2 smartphone launch

Sony has announced that it has worked with the estate of Michael Jackson on the launch of its new Xperia Z2 smartphone.

An advert for the handset featuring Jackson's unreleased track 'Slave 2 The Rhythm' was shown to press at MWC.

Изображение Изображение
Sony Xperia Z2 phone Michael Jackson

The song was worked on during Jackson's Dangerous sessions and completed in 1998, before leaking onto the internet in 2010. A version featuring vocals from Justin Bieber emerged online in August 2013.

Buyers of the smartphone are reportedly being treated to 'something special' around Jackson's music.

What exactly it is remains to be seen, but given Sony Music's ties with Jackson's current music library, it is possible users will see tracks bundled with the device.

The smartphone is unique in that it features a digital noise cancelling processor in the handset, providing improved sound quality in noisy environments with its included headphones.

Sony has promised more information on the Michael Jackson news over the coming weeks.

Показать ссылки поста

Lina (24 фев 2014, 19:45) • Admin (24 фев 2014, 19:01) • franklin5569 (24 фев 2014, 18:35) • MagicalLove (24 фев 2014, 18:03)

Liberian Girl

#6  Сообщение MagicalLove » 19 дек 2014, 21:54

Sony Hack Re-ignites Questions about MJ’s Banned Song

By D.B. Anderson

As the Black Lives Matter movement grew in reaction to the lack of indictments in the deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown, Michael Jackson’s 1995 song “They Don’t Care About Us” was resurrected at the grass roots level in many cities including Ferguson, New York, and California.

“They Don’t Care About Us” was denounced by The New York Times even before its release, and did not reach much of its intended audience because the controversy caused by the New York Times article would go on to overshadow the song itself. Radio stations were reluctant to play it and one of the short films Jackson created for the song was banned in the U.S.

Bernard Weinraub, husband of Sony Pictures Chief Amy Pascal, was the writer of the Times article.

“They Don’t Care About Us” was Jackson’s statement against abuse of power and the political corruption that enabled it. Two key events inspired the song:

In 1992, five white police officers who stood trial in Los Angeles for the videotaped beating of Rodney King were found not guilty by a jury with no African American members. Then, as now, there were riots and protests about longstanding policies of racial profiling and systemic police brutality.
The following year, Jackson, who had not been charged with any crime, was forced to undergo a humiliating 25 minute strip search by the same LAPD. The Santa Barbara District Attorney and police detectives arrived at Jackson’s home in Los Olivos, California with a photographer who documented his private parts on film.

Black man, blackmail

Throw your brother in jail

All I wanna say is that

They don’t really care about us
Bernard Weinraub’s pre-release story accused Jackson of having “bigoted lyrics” in the song. He described the entire HIStory album as “profane, obscure, angry and filled with rage.”

His piece touched off a firestorm of other negative media coverage. The criticism was disingenuous, as the lyrics were taken out of context and Jackson was very clear about his true intention. The critics were overwhelmingly white.

Many of Weinraub’s email messages to Pascal were exposed in the Sony hack; one advised her to fire an executive which she promptly did; another stated outright that he had special access and influence with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd.

Pascal was previously Vice President of Columbia Pictures, where Jackson, who wanted to star in films, had a motion picture contract that was never fulfilled. Later she became head of Sony Columbia Pictures. Jackson’s recording contract was with Epic, a division of Sony.

Weinraub, who is now a playwright, was a respected New York Times reporter on the Hollywood beat until his relationship with Pascal created a conflict of interest that began to anger the subjects of his articles. Weinraub admitted to as much in his farewell column at the New York Times.

Weinraub’s cozy relationships in Hollywood included David Geffen. Geffen had worked closely with Jackson, convincing him to replace his key advisors with ones hand-picked by Geffen, according to Zack O. Greenburg’s Michael Jackson, Inc.

When the controversy over “They Don’t Care About Us” arose, Jackson asked Geffen for public support, but he would not go on record. Jackson’s manager, Geffen’s pick Sandy Gallin, refused to speak on television. He fired Gallin and never spoke to either of the men again.

Geffen refused to be interviewed about Jackson for Greenburg’s book.

Jackson and Spike Lee made two separate short films for “They Don’t Care About Us.” “He was not having good relations [with Sony/Epic]…there was friction there,” said Spike Lee in a recent interview with Iconic magazine.

The first version, recorded in Brazil, features the Afro-Brazilian drumming group Olodum. If you’re familiar with the song, this is the version you’ve probably seen. Already in production at the time of the controversy, it uses sound effects to obscure the objectionable words.

But the “Prison” version is a tour de force; Jackson had even more to be angry about. Jackson and Lee chose to film in a Long Island jail, said Lee, because “a lot of people in prison shouldn’t be there. A lot of people are there for a much longer time too. In American prisons, there are more brown and black people than white.”

All Jackson’s frustrations seem to be on display in this raw performance.

Jackson would not win though – at least not then: the Prison version was banned from American television.

Jackson would later go on to have a public feud with executives at Sony Music, accusing them of racism. His protests were eyed skeptically by many at the time.

One particularly vicious 1995 Newsday review of this song read in part: “When Michael Jackson sings ‘They Don’t Care About Us’ you’ve got to wonder who he thinks ‘us’ is.”

The Black Lives Matter protestors don’t wonder.

[Updated for clarity 11:16 PM 18 Dec 2014: Weinraub's article specifically mentioned that Jackson used the words "Jew" and "kike" in the song. Weinraub's article did not mention that Jackson also used the words "If Roosevelt was living, he wouldn't let this be" thus decontextualizing it. Nevertheless Jackson did not want to offend so he apologized and re-recorded swapping out those two words.]

LINK: http://perceptive.kinja.com/sony-hack-r ... 1672116301

Source: Perceptive Kinda / D.B. Anderson / MJ-UPBEAT.COM

Изображение

you are in my heart forever icon_colorfulherats

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 4):
Lina (20 дек 2014, 07:19) • Admin (20 дек 2014, 07:12) • Liberian Girl (20 дек 2014, 04:54) • franklin5569 (20 дек 2014, 03:13)

MagicalLove
Прогресс до нового звания:
69.9%
Благодарил (а): 3518 раз.

#7  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 24 дек 2014, 10:55

Sony Weighed Sale of Music-Publishing Arm, Emails Show

Sony has considered selling its vast music-publishing business, which includes the rights to more than 250 Beatles songs owned in conjunction with the estate of Michael Jackson, according to hacked emails.

As recently as last month, Sony executives in Japan and the United States discussed a “top secret” plan to divest itself of Sony/ATV, as detailed in emails first reported on Tuesday by Bloomberg News.

“I’d like to hear your thoughts on the music publishing business, which has a rather complex capital and governance structure and is impacted by the market shift to streaming,” Kenichiro Yoshida, Sony’s chief financial officer, wrote on Oct. 3 to Kazuo Hirai, Sony’s chief executive, and Michael Lynton, the Los Angeles-based head of the company’s entertainment businesses.

Documents about a possible sale were circulated among about half a dozen Sony executives, according to the Bloomberg report. No potential buyers or price were cited, and it was unclear whether the company intended to sell all of just some of its holdings.

“We are very surprised that the attached listing includes the comment about the sale of Sony/ATV,” Steven E. Kober, chief financial officer of the Sony Corporation of America, wrote on Nov. 21, just days before Sony’s computer system was breached.

“As you know quite well, this is a top-secret project that is being handled by me working directly with Michael and Nicole,” Mr. Kober added, referring to Mr. Lynton and Nicole Seligman, president of the Sony Corporation of America.

Spokesmen for Sony/ATV and Sony’s corporate management both declined to comment on the report.

The news was a startling development in the sleepy but profitable world of music publishing, which handles songwriting copyrights. Music publishers in the United States collect about $2.2 billion in annual revenue, according the National Music Publishers’ Association. Sony/ATV is the dominant player in the business, with an estimated 30 percent market share.

The Sony/ATV catalog, which traces its origins to Mr. Jackson’s $47.5 million purchase of the Beatles rights in 1985, now includes more than three million works by the likes of Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Kanye West, as well as much of the Motown catalog.

But in recent years Sony, bogged down by its underperforming electronics divisions, has been under pressure from investors to sell assets. In September, the company said that it expected a loss of $2.1 billion for 2014.

The hacked emails suggest that one obstacle to an easy sale of Sony/ATV is its complex ownership structure. Those owners include not only Sony and the Jackson estate, but also a number of investors in the $2.2 billion purchase of EMI’s publishing rights in 2011. Sony was a minority investor in that deal, which also involved the sovereign wealth fund Mubadala of Abu Dhabi, Jynwel Capital of Hong Kong, Blackstone’s GSO Capital Partners and the Hollywood mogul David Geffen.

The emails also refer to concerns about the effects of music streaming services. In recent years Sony/ATV has threatened to withdraw its songs from the licensing agencies Ascap and BMI, saying that those groups — which are subject to regulation by the federal government — are unable to obtain good royalty rates from online services like Pandora.

In a recent letter to members, for example, Sony/ATV’s chairman, Martin N. Bandier, complained about the low royalties earned for popular songs like John Legend’s “All of Me.”

“This is a totally unacceptable situation,” Mr. Bandier wrote, “and one that cannot be allowed to continue.”

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Liberian Girl поблагодарили (всего 5):
Admin (25 дек 2014, 09:29) • Trueamore (25 дек 2014, 00:46) • MagicalLove (24 дек 2014, 23:10) • Lina (24 дек 2014, 19:13) • franklin5569 (24 дек 2014, 17:05)
Рейтинг: 45.45%

Liberian Girl

#8  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 29 дек 2014, 16:26

Хакеры украли дискографию Майкла Джексона стоимостью более $250 млн

Хакерам удалось скачать из базы данных «Сони мьюзик» больше 50 тысяч файлов, хранивших записи композиций «короля поп-музыки».

Хакеры взломали полный каталог альбомов Майкла Джексона (Michael Jackson), хранившийся на сервере корпорации Sony Music. В результате взлома компьютерных систем компании пострадало порядка 100 миллионов пользователей, а также были похищены данные кредитных карточек огромного количества клиентов компании.

Это ограбление уже названо крупнейшим в истории хакерских атак на звукозаписывающие компании и стало вторым за этот год провалом системы безопасности «Сони мьюзик». Компания получила право выпустить в предстоящие семь footballguide.ru лет десять новых альбомов с непубликовавшимися ранее студийными записями певца, в том числе, исполнение дуэтом с вокалистом рок-группы Queen Фредди Меркьюри и лидером Black Eyed Peace Уильямом.
icon_lenz icon_scared

Эксперты из США сомневаются, что Северная Корея атаковала Sony

Эксперты по кибербезопасности из США сомневаются, что власти Северной Кореи причастны к хакерской атаке на Sony, сообщает СNN.

Некоторые эксперты считают, что фактов, которые представило ФБР, недостаточно для обвинения коммунистического режима в поддержке хакеров.

«Для нас сейчас очевидно, что северокорейские власти не причастны к хакерской атаке на Sony. Об этом свидетельствуют доказательства, которые собрали мы», — заявил глава отдела по кибербезопасности компании Norse.

Ранее ФБР сообщило, что хакерская атака на компьютерные системы Sony Pictures Entertainment очень напоминает нападения на южнокорейские телестанции и банкоматы. Северная Корея официально отрицает свою причастность к взлому.
icon_passout

The Times: К взлому Sony Pictures причастны русскоязычные хакеры

Изображение

Возможно, американские чиновники поторопились обвинить Северную Корею во взломе компьютерной сети компании Sony Pictures, пишет газета The Times. Специалисты в области кибербезопасности компании Taia Global (Сиэтл, США) считают, что за атакой вполне могут стоять не корейские, а российские хакеры.
Компания провела более детальный анализ фрагментов текста сообщения, отправленного хакерской группой "Хранители мира" (Guardians of Peace), которая, как считается, стоит за взломом Sony Pictures. Текст написан на ломаном английском и содержит большое количество грамматических ошибок, а также отличается некоторыми синтаксическими особенностями. Компьютерная программа и эксперты пришли к выводу, что сделать такие ошибки могли те, для кого родным языком является русский.

The Times также отмечает, что в первых посланиях "Хранителей мира" вообще не говорилось о фильме "Интервью" и северокорейском лидере Ким Чен Ыне. Связывать предстоящую премьеру с кибератакой первыми начали СМИ, а уже потом этот факт стали упоминать в своих посланиях хакеры.

Напомним, что в результате взлома серверов Sony хакеры получили доступ к внутренней переписке, финансовой документации, персональным данным сотрудников, актеров и режиссеров. Ущерб от атаки оценивается специалистами в 100 миллионов долларов.
icon_idontknow

Показать ссылки поста

Admin (31 дек 2014, 06:05) • MagicalLove (29 дек 2014, 20:46) • Lina (29 дек 2014, 18:54) • franklin5569 (29 дек 2014, 17:35)

Liberian Girl

#9  Сообщение Admin » 11 янв 2015, 12:30

Sony Has No Plans to Sell Music Publishing Business Says CEO
Сони не планирует продажу музыкального издательского бизнеса - говорит глава компании

Sony has no plans to sell the music publishing business that controls rights to songs from the Beatles and Taylor Swift, as was suggested by leaked e-mails, Sony Entertainment Chief Executive Officer Michael Lynton said.

Sony’s music-publishing business, the largest in the world, has a catalog of more than 2 million songs. Music publishers collect songwriting royalties from album sales, use on TV and other performances.

E-mails and documents released in the cyber-attack on Sony mentioned a “top secret” plan to sell the music publishing business because it had few growth prospects, Bloomberg News reported last month. Top management at Tokyo-based Sony was concerned about the complex ownership and governance of the business.

In an Jan. 8 interview, Lynton said a sale isn’t under consideration.

Music publishing accounts for 14 percent of Sony’s music revenue, with recorded music generating the larger part. The business includes Sony/ATV Music Publishing, a joint venture with the estate of Michael Jackson, and EMI Music Publishing, in which Sony has a 30 percent stake.

Sony/ATV CEO Martin Bandier said in a memo to staff on Jan. 9 that he’s been advised by Sony Corp. that the venture isn’t for sale, the New York Post reported.

Sony/ATV was established in 1995 in partnership with Jackson, who had acquired rights to the Beatles songs a decade earlier.

Sony’s Partners

In 2012, Sony paid $2.2 billion for the larger EMI Music Publishing, along with investors including Jackson’s estate, Blackstone Group’s GSO Capital Partners LP, entertainment mogul David Geffen and Mubadala Development Co., owned by the Abu Dhabi government. Sony/ATV administers EMI on behalf of the investors.

The combined Sony publishing business represents stars from Bruce Springsteen to Lady Gaga and songs including “New York, New York,” “Jailhouse Rock” and “I Heard It Through the Grapevine.”

Sony and Jackson’s estate each own half of Sony/ATV, which contains more than 750,000 songs, according to a 2012 press release. EMI Music Publishing has 1.3 million songs in its catalog.

Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Admin поблагодарили (всего 3):
MagicalLove (12 янв 2015, 00:03) • franklin5569 (11 янв 2015, 17:05) • Liberian Girl (11 янв 2015, 13:11)

Admin
Благодарил (а): 11977 раз.

Re: SONY / ATV

#10  Сообщение Admin » 22 янв 2015, 22:33

Sony/ATV Appoints Moses Martiny To Vice President Digital, Europe
Сони назначают Мозеса Мартини в качестве вице президента компании в Европе

Sony/ATV Music Publishing has today announced it has appointed Moses Martiny to the role of Vice President Digital, Europe.

In this newly created position Martiny will report into Sony/ATV EVP of Digital & Society Relations Europe Antony Bebawi and work with the company’s international affiliates as well as the UK-based International and Business Affairs teams.

Antony Bebawi said: “I am delighted that Moses has joined us. He brings a complementary set of skills and valuable experience to our team which will further enhance our growing digital licensing business and help us to continue to deliver improved results for our songwriters during these exciting yet challenging times for the music business.”

Moses Martiny said: “I am excited to join the renowned team at Sony/ATV. As the leading music publisher Sony/ATV is playing a key role in enabling and shaping the expanding digital music eco-system. The challenge is to support a vibrant and growing market, while also ensuring fair compensation to the creators of music. I look forward to working closely with digital services and Sony/ATV’s industry partners to evolve the European digital music landscape.”

The new role places Martiny at the centre of the rapidly-expanding and ever-evolving European digital music market and will include him working with digital service providers as they develop new digital music products and services. He will be responsible for key digital negotiations for a range of pan-European services. These will be administered via SOLAR, the joint venture between UK collection society PRS for Music and German society GEMA, which was set up last year to provide services for Sony/ATV and EMI’s pan-European licensing of its Anglo-American repertoire.

Martiny previously worked at UK collection society PRS for Music, which he joined in 2013 as Head of Business Development. This followed him occupying the global role of Director, Digital Business Development at EMI Music and subsequently the Parlophone Label Group where he was responsible for strategic and global distribution deals with leading digital music services.

ABOUT SONY/ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING:

Sony/ATV Music Publishing, established in 1995 as a joint venture between Sony and Michael Jackson, is the world’s leading music publisher.

Изображение

Together with EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV owns or administers around 3 million copyrights including those from such iconic music catalogs like Leiber & Stoller, Mijac Music, Motown and Famous Music. Sony/ATV also controls many of the best known songs ever written like “New York, New York,” “Hallelujah,” “All You Need Is Love,” “You’ve Got a Friend,” “Moon River,” “Jailhouse Rock,” “The Mission Impossible Theme,” “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” “Over the Rainbow,” “Stand By Me,” “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” and “Singin’ in the Rain.” In addition, Sony/ATV represents the copyrights of such legendary artists as The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Kraftwerk, Joni Mitchell, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Richie Sambora, Sting, The Supremes, Wyclef Jean, Hank Williams and Stevie Wonder, among others. Its ever-growing list of chart-topping artists, writers and producers includes Akon, Avicii, Calvin Harris, Jessie J, Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, John Mayer, P!nk, RedOne, Shakira, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Stargate, Taylor Swift, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.

Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Admin поблагодарили (всего 3):
Lina (23 янв 2015, 17:32) • Liberian Girl (23 янв 2015, 01:21) • franklin5569 (22 янв 2015, 22:46)

Admin
Благодарил (а): 11977 раз.

След.

Вернуться в ЛЮДИ И СОБЫТИЯ / PEOPLE AND EVENTS